1. It feels like the summer has flown by, and as we are rolling into a new school year, our friends in Uganda are just finishing up their second term of school. School reports should be coming in the next few weeks, so don’t forget to write and encourage your child in their academic endeavors. Send your letters to email@example.com and put your child’s first and last name in the subject line. We will forward them to Uganda and our team will print and deliver!
2. For those of you who are paying per term, remember that your next term payment of $140 is due before Sept 10th.
3. The second floor of Victory Primary School is looking great! The walls are up, the rebar is in, and the concrete pillars have been poured. Next comes the installation of the roof structure and the waffles for the ceiling. We continue to trust God for his provision! Any donations to the construction fund will be used to complete this phase of Victory Primary School. It will be such a blessing to move our remaining classes out of the corners of the church and into our school building.
4. God has assembled an incredibly gifted and passionate team to travel to Uganda to minister and encourage our V127 family. Please pray for Kris, Megan, Luke, Jill, Kathryn, and Jan as we prepare physically, mentally, & spiritually for our journey across the ocean Oct 23rd-31st.
We need you to be our prayer warriors. I will be sending you more details soon!
5. I am excited to tell you that on Oct 26th, our very own Joyce Nakawesi, one of our original V127 children, will be married! What a privilege to be able to celebrate her wedding day with her! Joyce’s father died of HIV in 2012, and her mother Betty died of HIV in 2014. Joyce kept her family together and cared for her 4 siblings through many difficult days. She did this while attending classes herself and even earned a certificate in Fashion and Design from the YMCA vocational school. She and her siblings (Julius, Jeremiah, Jovia, Precious) live in our House of Hope, and we have provided food for them through our rice and beans fund. This is one of the first pictures we received of Joyce in 2013....
Just this past weekend, our friends celebrated Joyce and Frank’s Introduction. This is an elaborate Ugandan cultural ceremony which lasts all day and involves the family and friends of both the bride and groom. It is prelude to the wedding. Here is a picture of Joyce in the introduction ceremony! I continue to marvel at the goodness of God, and the great plans he has for Joyce and all of His children. Thank you for being such an important part of that plan in your child’s life!
“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
Thank you so much for all you do! Your prayers, your encouragement, and your faithful support are all vital to the success of this ministry.
This picture of Joyce reminds me of Isaiah 61:10:
“I delight greatly in the Lord; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.”