I’m so thankful today for life and health and for each one of you!
Here’s the latest news from Uganda:
1. We received 15 new children into our Victory 1:27 family this month. That’s the largest group we’ve ever had! 12 of these kids have been sponsored, and if you are one of those new sponsors...Welcome to the family!
Please pray that God will provide sponsors for Angel, Zaituni, and Georgina. They are beautiful and smart and only need someone to come alongside them and give them a chance to succeed. We now have 135 children in our V127 family. So exciting!
2. Our team is making steady progress on the construction of Victory Primary School. Thank you to those of you who have sacrificed and prayed and given to this project. They were laying tile in the bathrooms this week, and just completed the retaining wall. We are getting close to completion, but we need your help to finish the first phase of this building. If you would like to give, you may do so at victory127.com/construction.
3. We added a new class to our primary school this year, so now we have 111 students in Kindergarten through Primary 6. They are so anxious to use this new building! Here is a picture of our teachers in front of our new retaining wall. We are very excited that our friend Derrick is now teaching computer to all of our classes. We went to Uganda last fall with 6 desktop computers, so it is awesome to hear that all of our children are now benefitting from that donation. Praise God!
4. When you get a chance, please visit our website, victory127.com. There you will find a sponsor page with the children available for sponsorship, a higher education page with a listing of our kids who are in college or vocational school (as well as our graduates), a construction page with the latest pictures and information on our construction projects, a resources page with a listing of all of our children as well as a printable brochure, and lots of other information. It’s a great tool to share the ministry with others!
We also have a sponsor testimonial page, and would love to see you there! Just write a paragraph about what it means to you to sponsor a child with V127. Email it to me (email@example.com) along with a picture of your family, and we will include it on the website. Your testimony could be the one that will convince someone to partner with us in the ministry.
5. Please pray for your child, and write to him/her when you get a chance. Your prayers matter. Your letters are an enormous source of encouragement.
I leave you with a verse that our Ladies Bible study group has been memorizing this week. It’s one of my favorites. I am praying this for all of our Ugandan friends and also for all of you.
“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” Romans 15:13