Happy New Year! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas season with your friends and family. Our Ugandan family has been very busy this month. Here are a few of the highlights.
1. Dec 9th was Speech Day! This is a big end of the year celebration for our school, where academics are celebrated and parents and visitors are entertained with music and drama presented by the children.
End of the year awards are also handed out. Here are a few that our children received:
Best in class:
P5. Joseline Nalanda
P4. Precious Nakanjako
P3. Alvic Matovu
P2. Desire Najinda
Best behavior: Roger Luutu, Dorcus Kwagala
Best Leader: Jovia Nantongo
Best English Speaking: Shibah Nakazibwe
Most Caring: Cathryn Ganyira
Most famous at school: Maria Aliru
We also graduated 15 children from our kindergarten top class! It was a great celebration.(with cake included!)
2. The Children’s Christmas celebration and meal was held on Dec. 16th. Our children ministered in every part of the service that day! Pasco and Allan led a 25 minute opening prayer time, Joshua Aliima and Hillary Apaye led worship, both Hawa Nakato and Esther Nabawanguzi taught from the Word while Zula Babirye interpreted, and many others participated in songs and drama presentations.
They served a big meal to 500 children and 150 parents in attendance. It was an amazing day of celebration made possible by your generous donations. Thank you so much!
3. On Dec 17th, our Victory 1:27 children came back to the church and received your Christmas gifts and letters. They also wrote letters back to you, so I am hoping to receive them soon and get them out to you!
4. On Dec 24th, 3 lbs of beef, 3 lbs of rice, and 6 sodas were distributed to over 200 families in the community so they would have food for Christmas dinner. Our 1:27 families all received this gift package too, as well as our team of workers and teachers.
Later in the day, 42 policemen and their families received the same gift of food. This was an incredible outreach to a group of underpaid and seldom appreciated officers.
Most important, Christ was proclaimed in every aspect of the Christmas season and His love was poured out on so many.
5. Finally, on December 26th, Herbert asked the married couples in the church to invite all the married couples in their neighborhoods to come with them and enjoy a special marriage seminar together. They fed them breakfast and lunch, and had 3 teaching sessions to encourage them in their faith and their relationships. 170 couples were blessed by the ministry that day!
6. Thank you for praying for Pastor Herbert and his family as they were victims of a robbery while the Christmas celebration was going on at the church. Herbert said that the drug activity and crime has increased near his home with those who are jobless and have had no opportunity to be in school. What a great reminder of the difference we are making in giving our kids a chance to get an education and get off the streets.
7. Just a quick reminder that if you are paying per term, your payment of $140 is due before Jan 10th. Thank you for being so faithful in getting your payments in on time!
8. God continues to provide for our school construction. Block by block, we are building a school! We are praying that we will be able to use the building when our new school term begins in February. Thank you so much to those of you who have given so generously to this project. We continue to send whatever God provides each month, and He multiplies it so faithfully! The slub has been poured for the roof and they are currently working on the septic system and the kitchen. Visit our victory127.com homepage for a video overview of our construction projects, and select construction fund on the give page to be a part of this exciting project.
9. We have a new group of children coming soon! God has already provided 9 sponsors waiting for them. What an incredible blessing to have sponsors waiting on children! Hallelujah!
Thank you so much for your faithful support and for praying for your children and this ministry. Our prayer is that in 2019 more children will be rescued, more families will be fed, our school building will enable us to educate more children, and in every area of this ministry, God will be glorified.
“Sing to the Lord a new song; sing to the Lord, all the earth. Sing to the Lord, praise his name; proclaim his salvation day after day. Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all peoples. For great is the Lord and most worthy of praise.” Psalm 96:1-4a