As I shared with you in my last email, V127 has a team of 6 traveling to Uganda Oct 23-31. We are going on behalf of all of you!
Here are some of the specific goals for our trip:
1. Accountability. We want to see with our own eyes and confirm everything that we already believe to be true. We are also anxious to see our school building in use, and continue to pray for provision to complete the second floor.
2. Encouragement. We will be coming alongside our Ugandan team who work tirelessly to care for the needs of many, many children. We want to help them in any way we can and remind them of what a great job they are doing.
3. Affirmation. We want to hug as many of our children as possible; look them in the eyes, and tell them how beautiful they are, how very much God loves them, and that he has a wonderful plan for their lives.
4. Solidifying Relationships. One of my personal goals is to continue to shore up the sponsor/child relationship. I will be telling them all I know about you, where you live, what you do, and encouraging them to work hard to make the most of the education you are affording them.
5. Sharing our gifts. Kris and Luke will be teaching an Engineering class, Jill will be teaching a Phys Ed class, and Kathryn and Megan will be teaching First Aid. Hopefully our kids will learn some new skills and have fun doing it!
6. Visiting Homes and schools. We will be personally delivering rice and beans, and visiting as many homes and schools as possible.
7. Celebration. We will be celebrating the marriage of our Joyce Nakawesi! She was in our first group of V127 children, has endured the loss of both of her parents to HIV, has cared for her four siblings while earning a certificate from vocational school, and is now a beautiful, accomplished young woman. What a privilege to attend her wedding and rejoice together in God’s faithfulness.
Here is what we need from you:
1. Prayer. Please pray for Kris, Luke, Jill, Kathryn, Megan and Jan as we are in the throes of preparation. Pray for our physical, emotional, and spiritual health. Pray for wisdom as we gather supplies and discern what is most important to take with us. We have been keeping gratitude journals and traveling through the Psalms together, believing that thankfulness brings joy, and the more joy we have, the more that will spill out onto our Ugandan friends.
“Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thess 5:16-18
2. A Letter. Last year we hand delivered a letter from each of you, and the children were soooo excited to hear from you. You can hand write it if you’d like, and mail it to me at 732 Covered Bridge Dr, Madison, Va 22727. You can also email a letter to me and I will print it for you. We need your letter by Oct 1st. Your letters are treasures to your children!
3. A Photo of You. Many sponsors sent photos in their letters last year and the kids were so excited. The kids who didn’t get a photo were sad, so I promised to be more diligent in making that happen this year! You can print a photo and mail it to me, or just email it and I will print it for you. I need your photo by Oct 1st.
4. Donations. This is purely optional, but if you would like to help us with trip expenses & purchasing supplies, you can donate to the V127 general fund. We are hoping to purchase some desktop computers to expand our computer lab, as well as supplies for the school and children’s church. We would also love to be able to meet specific needs that we see while we are on the ground. (Last year we were able to purchase mattresses for Victory House while we were there, after we realized our teachers were sleeping on the floor!)
Every one of you is crucial to the success of this mission. Thank you for your prayers. Thank you for sending your letter and picture by Oct 1st, and thank you for your financial help to enable us to purchase supplies and meet many needs.
God bless you for all that you do for our Ugandan friends!