1. When I last wrote to you, God had miraculously provided the funding that we needed to build a security wall and gate around Victory House and the adjoining lot. I’m excited to tell you that the wall should be completed by the end of the week. Thank you for your prayers and thank you for your support. Two of our teachers recently wrote of how thankful they are for the wall, and the security it will provide.
From Teacher Sarah:
“ Though at times (life) is a bit difficult, God gives me grace to move on. I thank you for your prayers and inspirational words. Right now at Victory House, God has blessed us with a wall fence. Thanks to the Almighty God and our director who have always encouraged and guided us.”
2. Now that our security wall has been constructed, we are moving on to the second floor of Victory Primary School. Just today they started laying the first course of blocks! It is amazing to see this building continue to rise as a testament to God’s faithfulness and provision. This second floor will consist of 4 classrooms, and will enable us to move the rest of our classes out of the corners of the church and into this building. Thank you to all of you who are giving to our construction fund. Your gifts continue to make what was once deemed impossible, now a reality. Praise God!
3. I recently received this message from Pastor Herbert:
“Here are the Sunday school classes enjoying their lunch porridge on the veranda of the new school building. It was raining so heavily, but rain doesn’t stop you from getting your porridge because of a new facility that can protect us from all foreign challenges. Praise the Lord!”
And, if you give to our rice and beans fund, you help us provide that porridge to all of our children for Sunday lunch!
4. Herbert just told me of one of our children in his office hoping for a letter from his new sponsor. If you haven’t yet written to your child, please take 10 minutes and do so. They are anxious to know who is sponsoring them! For these children, it is like winning the lottery to have someone who is committed to praying for them, paying their school fees, and investing words of wisdom into their young lives. Don’t ever forget just how important you are to these kids. Email all letters to jan@victory 127.com and put your child’s first and last name in the subject line. I will forward to Uganda and our team will print and deliver!
5. We are now a family with 140 children. I am writing this with tears in my eyes, marveling at the goodness of God. When our ministry began, 6 short years ago, we were just praying for God to provide sponsors for 24 children that were sleeping at Pastor Herbert’s church, and on the streets, and had no one to help them. Now 6 of those children have graduated from college or vocational school. We have built our House of Hope, Victory House for our teachers, and now Victory Primary School. Countless families have been fed from our Rice and Beans fund, rent has been paid, medical bills covered, and children who were once forgotten are now leaders in their churches and communities. All of this is just a drop in the bucket compared to the enormity of the need, yet we will continue to do all we can to meet the specific needs that God brings before us.
I’m not sure what God is laying on your heart today, but my encouragement to you is to dream big. We serve a God who is so loving and kind and compassionate, and is just waiting to do “exceedingly abundantly above all we could ask or think” (Eph 3:20).
6. This is Victor Okidong...
Victor is one of Teacher Diana’s two children. We recently learned that Diana is now caring for 6 additional children in her two room unit in Victory House. She is an amazing, godly woman and we are so thankful to have her on our team. And her Victor is a sweetheart. This is how he concluded his last letter to his sponsor:
“Thank you, Auntie Brenda, for that big heart you have. I always pray for you. I want to meet you one day and give you a big hug for all that you have done for me and my family.”